13) The Bracey School was built in 1911 and expanded in 1924. In 1926 the high school students went to La Crosse High School by bus. It contained two classrooms with an auditorium in the center. In 1940 the Bracey School was closed and the elementary students went to La Crosse. Two earlier (circa 1882) public schools in the Bracey vicinity were the Harwell School (location unknown) and the Frog Pond School.