10) Kingswood United Methodist Church has been ministering to generations of the community. The church was organized in October 1807 as Calvary Church, and was located a few miles southeast of its present location. Sometime between 1833 and 1836 Calvary was moved to the present site, and the name was changed to “Kingswood,” being named for the King family who donated the land. The present sanctuary was constructed in 1888.

Website Powered by WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: