1) The Bracey Train Depot was built in 1900 to service the rail connection portion from Richmond, VA, to Ridgeway, NC, also completed in 1900. When the station was built railroad officials declined retaining the name of the area at the time, Saint Tammany, on the grounds that the name was too long for telegraphing purposes. Instead they chose the name Bracey for local businessman A.H. Bracey, giving the community its present name. The railroad and station were owned by Seaboard Air Line from 1900 to 1967 when a merger resulted in the Seaboard Coast Line as owners, followed by CSX in 1983. CSX abandoned the railroad corridor from Petersburg to Norlina in 1987 and removed the rail but retains ownership of the corridor.